Updated 03/01/2013 04:55 PM
'My Heart, My Life' expo and America's Greatest Heart Run and Walk kick off
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
UTICA, N.Y. -- Some people got the blood pumping early for the America's Greatest Heart Run and Walk weekend with their annual fitness expo Friday.
The expo featured a new theme this year: "My Heart, My Life." It still offered the free screenings and continued the push to raise more than a million dollars for the American Heart Association.
Expo organizers say they went for a different angle this year. They hope it gets people a little more involved.
"It's much more interactive this year, we really stressed to all the vendors that - to try to come up with some ways that they can be engaged with the participants who come. It's very much interactive, much more than it ever has been in the past," said Mark Schug, ‘My Heart, My Life’ expo coordinator.
America's Greatest Heart Run and Walk is on Saturday with the first busses leaving from Utica College at 6:30 a.m.
Schedule for the runs/walk and buses:
- 30 K Run- Bus leaves @ 6:30 AM- Starts @ 7:30 AM
- 10 Mile Run- Bus leaves @ 8:10 AM- Starts @ 8:40 AM
- 5 Mile Run- Bus leaves @ 8:50 AM- Starts @ 9:20 AM
- 3 Mile Run- Bus leaves @ 9:15 AM- Starts @ 9:40 AM
- 3 Mile Walk- Starts @ 10:30 AM
- 5 Mile Walk- Starts @ 10:30 AM
List of road closings:
- Rt 365 (7:30-8:00 AM) Eastbound from Barnveld to Mapledale Rd.
- Rt 365 (8-10 AM) Eastbound from Mapledale Road to Route 291.
- Rt 291 (8-11 AM) Nortbound from Route 69 to Route 365
- Main St., Whitesboro (9:00-11:30 AM) Westbound.
- Mohawk St., Whitestown/Marcy (9-10:30 AM) Only local traffic from Route 49 to Whitesboro Main St.
- Main St. in NY Mills and Yorkville (8-10 AM) Northbound from Burrstone Road to Whitesboro Street.
- Main St. in NY Mills and Yorkville (11 AM- Noon) From Old Burrstone Road to Whitesboro Street.
- Burrstone Road (8 AM to 1 PM) From Old Burrstone Road to Main St., NY Mills.
- Champlin Ave (8 AM to Noon) From Burrstone Road to Graham Ave.
- Campbell Ave, Yorkville, NY Mills (10 AM- Noon) Second Ave to Main St., NY Mills.
- Clinton St., NY Mills (10 AM-Noon) Henderson St. to Burrstone Rd.
- Elm St., Young Ave., Fairway Dr., Winchester Dr., Pulaski St., Prospect St. (NY Mills), Cross St. (Yorkville) (9 AM to 1 PM) Only local traffic.
- Yorkville Corners at Oriskany BLVD and Main St. (9:30 AM to 11:30 AM) Severe traffic delays on Oriskany Blvd., traffic will be re-routed during event.
- Champlin Ave. (8 AM- Noon) St. Luke's traffic should approach from north side on Champlin.
- Business Park Dr., Washington Dr. (9:30 AM- Noon) Traffic controlled.
- French Road Arterial Off-Ramp (7:30 AM- 11:30 AM) Closed.