16 arrested and indicted for drug distribution
CENTRAL NEW YORK -- More than a dozen people face charges in connection with a major marijuana organization in Central New York.
Sixteen people were indicted for distributing more than 1,000 kilograms of marijuana. The arrests follow an investigation dating back to the Spring of 2009 in which police used wiretaps on several of phones.
Authorities say the drug trafficking organization was responsible for distributing between 300 and 500 pounds of marijuana each month throughout Central New York.
If convicted, all 16 defendants face 10 years to life in prison and a $4 million fine.
- OCTAVIO SANTIAGO, a/k/a Tito, age 41, Deltona, Florida
- MARIO BELL, age 35, Syracuse, New York
- KENNETH TARBELL, age 42, Nedrow, New York
- DALE LANCTO, age 40, Baldwinsville, New York
- HARRY WILBUR, age 29, Syracuse, New York
- JOSE CRUZ, age 32, Syracuse, New York
- DONALD WILBUR, age 34, Constable, New York
- CHRISTOPHER COOKE, age 49, Moira, New York
- PHILLIP IRIZARRY, age 39, Syracuse, New York
- TODD LAUZON, age 23, Mattydale, New York
- JOHN PHILLIPS, a/k/a JP, age 40, Syracuse, New York
- CHARLES TIFT, age 40, Syracuse, New York
- MICHAEL AROCHO, age 37, Syracuse, New York
- JAMES FROIO, age 27, North Syracuse, New York
- CODY STASKO, age 22, Mattydale, New York
- HUEY TARBELL, age 43, Syracuse, New York