Fire damages Chinese restaurant
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
WATERTOWN, N.Y. -- A fire closed a Chinese restaurant in Watertown.
The fire began around 5 p.m. Tuesday in the Daily Buffet Restaurant in the Price Chopper Plaza. Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the roof near the restaurant's electrical sign.
The restaurant was evacuated and no one was injured.
Firefighters say most of the damage was contained to the roof.
"We had to pull back part of the ceiling. In the restaurant part, we pulled part of the ceiling. On the roof, we pulled part of the periapt off and actually part of the roof membrane had to be taken up too. Not a lot of damage, but we wanted to make sure we had it," said Watertown Fire Department Battalion Chief Paul Fitzgerald.
The nearby Apollo Restaurant had some smoke damage and was also closed.