To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Makes approx. 3-4 cups
- 1/2 cup diced white onion(1/4-inch dice is good)
- 1/3 cup diced celery (1/4-inch dice)
- 2 Tbs finely minced or grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups diced apple (firm apple like granny smith or golden delicious)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries
Use a deep pot on the stove top to combine 1/2 cup diced white onion, 1/3 cup diced celery, 2 Tbs finely minced fresh ginger, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 cups of diced apple, 1 cup of apple cider and 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar and turn the heat to high.
Stir that around and once the liquid comes to a boil, turn the heat down so that it is simmering along at a good pace and reducing down a bit.
Let it go along like that for 20 minutes or so and then add 1 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries and let that go for another 10 minutes and then turn the heat off and cool it down.
Keep your eye on the liquid while the apples are simmering….and add a little more apple cider if the pot seems dry before adding cranberries. Don't forget to add some to the leftover sliced turkey sandwiches!