SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Crews made quick work of a small apartment fire in Syracuse Wednesday morning. Officials said the fire broke out on the second floor of 403 Bear Street just before 7 a.m.
There are four apartments in the building, and all six people inside were able to get out safely. They were warned when a resident heard a hum in a bathroom light and noticed fire in the attic insulation.
"So I was telling everybody to get out, raising my voice, letting them know there was a fire in the house. So they managed to get out, and everybody's okay," said Syracuse resident Jimmy Smith.
Investigators are still looking into what sparked the fire.