SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- The Syracuse Fire Department says a 10-year-old girl playing with a lighter caused the fire that destroyed this home on Bellevue Avenue Thursday evening.
Authorities say the fire started at the rear of the house on the ground floor porch.
When crews arrived, the entire back of the home was engulfed in flames.
The two families living inside the home were able to make it out safely, but one did lose a dog.
A firefighter was taken to the hospital for heat-related symptoms, but is expected to be okay.
The girl is not facing any charges and officials have wrapped up the investigation.