OSWEGO COUNTY, N.Y. -- Everyone was able to get out safely when an Oswego County business caught fire Sunday morning.
Officials believe a piece of equipment may have sparked the fire at United Wire Technology on State Route 39 in Cleveland. Firefighters were called to the building around 9:30 a:m, and they arrived to find the fire fully involved. Officials said the type of building posed even more challenges.
Donald Forbes, Oswego County Fire Coordinator said, “Because it's an all-steel building, they weren't able to make an interior attack when they first got here, so they had to do it from outside. So we're trying to pour water in through windows, doorways, the roof once it went in, get it knocked down to the point where we can move in and then use hand lines to finish doing the knock down and overhaul."
State Route 49 was closed through the village for several hours while crews were on the scene.