FULTON, N.Y. -- Fulton residents are allowed back in their homes Friday after an ammonia leak at the Birds Eye plant forced them to evacuate Thursday night.
Residents living within a third of a mile of the plant were initially evacuated after the leak was first reported around 8:20 pm.
Oswego County Hazmat teams were called in and have secured the leak. They are now being helped by Fulton Hazmat and the DEC in their investigation.
Production was shut down at the Birds Eye plant back in December.