LIVERPOOL, N.Y. -- A Liverpool family was forced from their home after a fire broke out on Thursday night.
According to officials, the fire started around 10:30 p.m. on Laurel Avenue. They said the family noticed smoke coming from the second floor and contacted 911.
The cause of the fire is still under investiation.
"We do not know at this time, it looks like it appears that it started in the walls and in the ceilings up on the second floor, so it was all above the firefighters," explained Kevin Wisely, Commissioner of Onondaga County Emergency Management. "They made entry to the second floor, they had to pull the ceilings, pull the walls to get access to the fire."
Four fire departments responded to the fire. No injuries were reported.