Paint fumes cause high school evacuation
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
OSWEGO, N.Y. -- Classes were briefly interrupted at Oswego High School Monday after the building was evacuated because of a suspicious odor.
Construction crews were spray painting a wall in one of the school's old science buildings when paint fumes got into the building's ventilation system. Students and teachers were sent to nearby Frederick Leighton Elementary School while the Oswego Fire Department checked the building.
The high school was cleared for about 30 minutes before everyone was let back in.