Carbon monoxide leak halts classes on Friday
ITHACA, N.Y. -- Classes had to be stopped at Ithaca College's Hill Center on Friday after a report of a carbon monoxide leak. Firefighters were called to the campus just before 9:00 a.m. for reports of elevated carbon monoxide levels inside of the building.
An evacuation was ordered and crews than searched the facility. The cause was determined to be a malfunction in the boiler room. Once the problem was fixed, the building was ventilated and classes resumed in the afternoon. No injuried were reported.