Employees return to work following chemical fire
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
UTICA, N.Y. -- Employees were back at work Wednesday morning at the Oneida-Herkimer Recycling Center in Utica. A chemical fire forced them out Tuesday afternoon.
A handful of workers had to be decontaminated, but none of them needed medical attention, and they also returned to work.
The fire was sparked when materials meant for the Ava Landfill were mixed with water, causing a hazardous chemical reaction. Firefighters had to use a special drying agent to put out the fire.