Nedrow home damaged in fire
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. -- An Onondaga County home was severely damaged in a fire. It started around 5:45 a.m. Sunday at a home on Ruhamah Avenue in Nedrow.
Crews spent hours trying to put out the fire, which spread quickly throughout the home.
Officials say two people and a dog were home at the time of the fire, but they all got out safely. They say the fire likely started in a wood burning fireplace.
"Obviously, this time of year, we would encourage people to make sure that they get their fireplaces cleaned out prior to using them and do the right things as far as that goes. This is the time of year that we encounter a lot of chimney fires," said James Emm of the Nedrow Fire Department.
No one was hurt in the fire.
The cause of is still being investigated.