Crews vent smoke from Carthage Middle School
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
CARTHAGE, N.Y. -- Students and faculty at Carthage Middle School were temporarily moved to the adjoining high school Wednesday morning while crews investigated smoke throughout the hallways.
Officials say an exhaust fan motor on the school's roof overheated around 7:30 a.m., causing smoke to get into the hallways of the building.
Everyone was moved out of the school until fire crews could ventilate the hallways with fans and make sure there were no other problems. Students were able to go back to their classes after about an hour.