Cause of deadly Gouverneur fire released
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
GOUVERNEUR, N.Y. -- Fire officials have determined the cause of a deadly fire in the Village of Gouverneur. They say unattended cooking caused the fire at a home on Austin Street late Tuesday night.
Authorities believe Brian Mandigo, 22, was trying to deep fry something.
Fire crews tried to reach him while putting the fire out, but they were unable to get to him in time.
Autopsy results show Mandigo died from affixation by smoke.