Utica Heart Run and Walk begins
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
UTICA, N.Y. -- America's Greatest Heart Run and Walk was held this morning in Utica. Thousands of people filled the streets of the city.
The event got started early Saturday morning with the 30-K run. There are a total of four runs held throughout the morning, ranging from a 5-K to the 30-K. There are also two walks as well.
The event has already raised about $450,000 for the American Heart Association. Organizers say many walkers and runners either have heart conditions themselves or know someone who does.
Schedule for the runs/walk and buses:
- 30 K Run- Bus leaves @ 6:30 a.m. - Starts @ 7:30 a.m.
- 10 Mile Run- Bus leaves @ 8:10 a.m. - Starts @ 8:40 a.m.
- 5 Mile Run- Bus leaves @ 8:50 a.m. - Starts @ 9:20 a.m.
- 3 Mile Run- Bus leaves @ 9:15 a.m. - Starts @ 9:40 a.m.
- 3 Mile Walk- Starts @ 10:30 a.m.
- 5 Mile Walk- Starts @ 10:30 a.m.
List of road closings:
- Rt 365 (7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.) Eastbound from Barnveld to Mapledale Rd.
- Rt 365 (8 a.m. - 10 a.m.) Eastbound from Mapledale Road to Route 291.
- Rt 291 (8 a.m. - 11 a.m.) Nortbound from Route 69 to Route 365.
- Main St., Whitesboro (9:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m.) Westbound.
- Mohawk St., Whitestown/Marcy (9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.) Only local traffic from Route 49 to Whitesboro Main St.
- Main St. in NY Mills and Yorkville (8 a.m. - 10 a.m.) Northbound from Burrstone Road to Whitesboro St.
- Main St. in NY Mills and Yorkville (11 a.m. - Noon) From Old Burrstone Road to Whitesboro St.
- Burrstone Road (8 a.m. to 1 p.m.) From Old Burrstone Road to Main St., NY Mills.
- Champlin Ave (8 a.m. to Noon) From Burrstone Road to Graham Ave.
- Campbell Ave, Yorkville, NY Mills (10 a.m. - Noon) Second Ave to Main St., NY Mills.
- Clinton St., NY Mills (10 a.m. - Noon) Henderson St. to Burrstone Rd.
- Elm St., Young Ave., Fairway Dr., Winchester Dr., Pulaski St., Prospect St. (NY Mills), Cross St. (Yorkville) (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.) Only local traffic.
- Yorkville Corners at Oriskany BLVD and Main St. (9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.) Severe traffic delays on Oriskany Blvd., traffic will be re-routed during event.
- Champlin Ave. (8 a.m. - Noon) St. Luke's traffic should approach from north side on Champlin.
- Business Park Dr., Washington Dr. (9:30 a.m. - Noon) Traffic controlled.
- French Road Arterial Off-Ramp (7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.) Closed.