The City of Utica will be hosting its annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Varick Street Celebration on Saturday March 9th, 2013. As a result a large portion of the Downtown and West Utica areas will be closed for traffic. Please take this into consideration when traveling into these areas. Expect delays and detours, as well as a large amount of pedestrian traffic.
As a result of the Parade the following list of streets will be closed from about 08:30a.m. until 12:30p.m.:
• Genesee Street from Clinton Street and Oswego Street north to Columbia Street.
• Francis Street from Oswego Street north to Kirkland Street
• Mulberry Street from Sunset Ave. east to Francis Street
• Chestnut Street from Sunset Ave. east to Francis Street
• Noyes Street from Sunset Ave. east to Genesee Street
• Tracy Street from Sunset Ave. east to Genesee Street
• Plant Street from Lincoln Ave. east to State Street
• State Street from Kirkland Street south to the Roundabout
• Oneida Street from Hobart Street north to the Roundabout
• Hobart Street from Oneida Street west to Genesee Street
• Park Ave. from Eagle Street south to the Roundabout
• Eagle Street from Park Ave. west to Genesee Street
• Cottage Place from Genesee Street west to State Street
• South Street from King Street west to Genesee Street
• Corneilia Street from Genesee Street west to Mandeville Street
• Court Street from Broadway east to Genesee Street
• Hopper Street from King Street west to Genesee Street
• Washington Street from Genesee Street west to the Radisson
• Bank Place from Genesee Street east to Union Street
• Blandina Street from Genesee Street east to Charlotte Street
• Devereux Street from Genesee Street east to Charlotte Street
• Columbia Street from Broadway east to Genesee Street
• Elizabeth Street from Charlotte Street west to Genesee Street
In order to accommodate all the attendees, the following streets will be closed off from about 06:00a.m. until 6:00p.m. for the Varick Street Celebration:
• Varick Street from Court Street north to Columbia Street
• Edward Street from Varick Street west to Columbia Street
• Hamilton Street from Varick Street west to Columbia Street
• Cooper Street from Varick Street east to Huntington Street
In the interest of public safety, no back packs, bottles, cans or coolers will be allowed on Genesee Street during the parade or on Varick Street during the celebration following the parade. Any vehicles parked on Varick Street or Hamilton Street on Saturday March 9th, 2013 after 2:30 a.m.will be towed at the owner’s expense.
In order to ensure public safety a full complement of Utica Police Officers, as well as additional DWI Patrols, will be present on the Parade route, in the Varick Street Celebration along with the surrounding areas.