ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY, N.Y. -- Three people and their dog escaped a home safely after it was destroyed by a fire early Wednesday morning.
Thomas Dawson woke up to the smoke alarm going off around 4:30 a.m. He said they had a matter of seconds to get out of the house after their stove exploded from a gas leak. Firefighters showed up less than five minutes later, but it was too late to save the home.
“They were here in less than three minutes but the whole trailer was engulfed with flames by then. Because of the explosion and they couldn’t do nothing,” said resident Thomas Dawson.
Dawson said the house was destroyed in about 20 minutes and they lost everything.